Reef Octopus Elite 220SSS Space Saving Super Cone Protein Skimmer up to 530 GallonsRegular price $1,212.74 Save $-1,212.74
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Elite 220-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 530 gallons where sumps space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Elite 220-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning.
Its unique Super Cone "wine glass" body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises. Equipped with a controllable Reef Octopus 36V VarioS-6S pinwheel pump with integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lift" collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control, and an underwater outflow for quiet operation.
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioSpumpfeatures a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
Thepumpand controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change thepump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
Reef Octopus Elite 220SSS Specifications:
- Rated for aquariums up to 530 Gallons Light Bioload or 300 Gallons Heavy Bioload
- Body Diameter: 9"
- Neck Size: 4.75"
- Foot Print: 13.6" x 11.2"
- Total Height: 25.2”
- Output Size: 50mm - 1.5”
- Recommended sump water depth: 7.5-9"
Reef Octopus Elite 220SSS Features:
- Safe and Efficient 36V Power
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Professional Open Volute -Compact Design
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- “Twist & Lift" Collection Cup
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS-2S pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals.
Reef Octopus Controllable VariosS 6S Pinwheel Pump Features:
- Reef Octopus VarioS 6S Controllable Pinwheel Pump
- Power Consumption:35-70watts
- Air Draw:1200-2400 lph / 42-84 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 528gph
- *Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup